Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

harry wrote:
On Mar 23, 10:37 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
gonjah wrote:

There is no evidence of oil lamp lanterns and pitch forks.

That guy is guilty as sin. He was told by the police not to pursue
the guy but he did anyway.

Nope. He was told by a 911 operator, who is NOT a cop, "We don't
need you to do that."

The shooter, however, was on the scene - the 911 operator was not. He
decided to follow. Sure enough, the suspect entered a dark
passageway and the neighborhood watch warden followed. Suddenly, the
suspect turned. Something metallic is his had flashed in the dim
light. The watch warden, in fear of his life, discharged his service
weapon in an attempt to stop the threat.

At least that's the way his statement is going to read.

"is going to read?" You really are mentally deranged.

Well, the transcriber can't very well put down what was, you know, ACTUALLY
said: "He went for his piece and I smoked him!"

No, I predict that, under the given circumstances, Zimmerman will walk. I
base this surmise on the following:

1. It's Zimmerman's word against no eye-witnesses.
2. Zimmerman had ample opportunity to consult with a lawyer before the
authorities bestirred themselves into action.
3. The potential "hate crime" aspect is almost entirely negated by Zimmerman
being of mixed parentage (black, Hispanic, and, with a name like
"Zimmerman," possibly Jewish (even though he doesn't LOOK Jewish)).

I'm certainly not saying the above is the right outcome; I'm just pointing
out the reality of the situation.