Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Mach3 user - how do home switches work?

I've got a problem I cant seem to sort on my little DIY CNC router, my limit
switches don't work!

1) I've installed limit / end of travel switches on the x,y & z axes.
2) The switches are wired in series and wired to input 10 and enabled.
3) The switches are all normally closed, the input goes hi when switches
operate.
4) In diagnostics I can operate any of the switches manually & the program
senses it ok.

But.... when I jog any axis or run some code to move an axis, operating any
of the switches does nothing. I expected the motors to be disabled when I
operated a switch.

I've tried inverting the active level of the switches (ie hi/low active) and
have tried changing just about every other setting.

I've watched a couple of the mach3 videos (which have taught me a lot) but
cannot find out what the problem is.

Any clues guys?

thanks