mttt

Default The Last Hardware Store In America

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

snip of another great story!

I just wish that my children had been old enough to appreciate it
before it went away.

Thank you for the walk down memory lane. I was fortunate enough to have a
"Moser's" growing up. Odd, now that I think of it, since it was a very small
farm town in Wisconsin.

Well worn hardwood floors - and, indeed, big rotating bins with a scale
hanging nearby for nails -- sold by the pound, as Grant mentioned.

Mr. Stein folded to Ace Hardware; this was long before Home Depot began its
assault on the land.
[ Irony of ironies is that I know find solace in Ace; a welcome respite from
The Aisles of Home Depot. ]

Now living close to Boulder, CO - there's McGukin's.
Certainly not Moser's in appearance, perhaps Moser's in semblance.
But Moser's in spirit.

Prices are a tad higher.
It's an inconvenient drive.

But, sometimes, I spend my lunch hours there -- and skip lunch.