Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default cat deterrents (DIY)

The Natural Philosopher wrote
larkim wrote
Tim Watts wrote
Stephen wrote

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population.
At first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now
cats are sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and
going to the toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a
couple of flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

I have a toddler and I know dog mess contains germs that can cause blindness,

It's actually a tiny worm that eats your retina IIRC and the problem is called toxacariasis (sp??)

Isn't it particularly the toxoplasmosis risk to the foetus of a
pregnant woman that's the largest risk. That was certainly what my wife told me to excuse her from clearing up ****
from the local pest (cat) population.

Simple for me - pets should be banned, the only animals people should be allowed to keep are ones which provide food
or perform an industrial service.

I dont mind as long as fat women and children are also banned.

Neither of which provide food

They did for the Maori.

or an industrial service.

They did for the slavers.

In fact if we banned everybody in the same light, we would be down to a happy healthy tenth of current population
levels,

But senile old farts like you would be long gone, too expensive to keep.

and there would be bags of room for cats.

Beats triffids I spose.