Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Supreme Court rules 9-0 against EPA over wetlands

On Mar 23, 12:18*pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:34:34 -0400, "Robert Green"

wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:11:41 -0500, Hell Toupee

The SC ruled that property owners have the right to contest the EPA's
ruling that their property falls under the Clean Water Act. They now
get to have their day in court. That's all this ruling gave them.

Right. Now people are no longer at the mercy of the EPA. They can
challenge in court; instead of having the EPA have the final word.

If you've ever been involved in a lawsuit with a Federal agency, you might
reconsider the words "no longer at the mercy." *Maybe "not completely SOL,
but still pretty close" applies. *The EPA has a virtually endless legal and
investigatory staff. *They can, in legal parlance, "turn on the taps" so
that the legal fees a litigant faces might in many cases outweigh the cost
of the property in question. *They can paper a citizen to death with motions
and look into all the deep, dark corners of their lives. *SCOTUS just closed
a loophole, and not very tightly. *A private citizen facing the array of
resources the Feds can bring to bear in various legal actions is still in a
very, very shi++ty place.

I stand by the "mercy" comment.

You are singing to the choir, barking up a tree. *I know how the feds
operate. *I been yelled at, spanked on the hand, called on the carpet
for a refresher course, given marching orders, read the riot act, but
they never had the balls to kill me and eat me.

Bobby, I have boxes of legal papers. Some times you get the bear,
sometimes the bear gets you. I've taken on feds ensuring my rights.
One day I was asked (by the top boss) "what is that?" *"That's a tape
recorder!" *Don't lie to me... Spent years with regular back ground
checks. I've refused entry into my home by Asst. U.S. Inspector
Generals. *See me in the office, when I get back to work.

Even been accused *of brutality by a Nigerian Prince. Once a
co-defendant with near one hundred co-workers. Still in contempt of
court in one court, from '83. The feds teach labor law about me :-\

Point:

Now the winner can contest the EPA for a sunny day in court.

Does the EPA have some administrative remedy, instead of some bean
counter having final word. Otherwise this should not have gotten into
court?

they don't seem to have had one (and for sure don't now - not
needed). That case drug on fr several years until it got to the
Supremes who pointed out clearly that becasue a beurocrat says
something, that ain't good enough.

Harry K