Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Do thermal fuses fail from old age?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

'Course the minuscule size of today's electronics and my aging
eyesight makes it a no-win game for me to try and do much

fixing of that kind of stuff those days.

I just bought an illuminated head-mount magnifier from Harbor Freight for
$5. It's surprisingly good. The optics have little distortion and no
chromatic aberration. There are four magnifications, but the lights "focus"
at only the lowest magnification.

Those things and drugstore reading glasses are great if you happen to
have just the right interpupillary distance. I buy lab glasses from
Zenni Optical for about $35 a pair--+0.75 diopter for reading, +2.5 for
close work, coated, good frames, just the right interpupillary distance
to avoid eyestrain. Highly recommended.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
--