Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"harry" wrote in message
On Mar 22, 8:20 pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:50:55 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

harry wrote:
So they took up this one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17441277
Was on national TV yesterday
Astonishing.
Armed thug can shoot unarmed innocent teenager in the street and is
not arrested right away?
Weird.
No wonder the world believes America is full of loonys.

Yes. Twenty nine of our 50 states (plus DC) have "Stand Your Ground"
laws.
These laws say you do not have to retreat before using lethal force -
assuming further that you have the right to use lethal force.

This is a mere codification of the Common Law found in Anglo
jurisprudence
since 1216. In the Common Law, however, one had to be in his home or
curtilage. This limited provision is classically know as the "Castle
Doctrine" (ever man's home is his castle). The "Stand Your Ground" laws
expand on this concept to include ANYWHERE you happen to legally be -
your
car, the street corner, in the dentist's chair - wherever.

As to the shooter not being arrested immediately, this case is no
different
than if a cop shoots a suspect. There will be an investigation and the
results of the investigation will determine whether the shooter was
justified in his (stated) belief that he felt his life was in danger.

I would note that, by statute, the UK has done away with the Castle
Doctrine, upending 800 years of common sense. Now, if an armed intruder
forces his way into a British home, the threatened family must, I
repeat,
MUST, retreat if at all possible.

For many years Florida law was a person had to "retreat to the wall".
Meaning to avoid confrontation until the last moment before deadly
force was justified -- so to speak.

The "stand your ground" gave a person the right to kill without
retreat or having to avoid attack.

The shooter in this case made a mistake. He "pursued and challenged"
the victim, then shot him. He will be arrested in my opinion.

Funny, the media reported this as a white man on black man. The
shooter is Hispanic.

Nevada law allows deadly force (open carry in all but two counties)
ANYWHERE you have a legal right to be. You cannot be breaking the law
when deadly force is used.- Hide quoted text -

Are Hispanics white or not? I think the Spanish in Euope consider
themselves to be white.

Maybe the ones in Spain do
But when you consider that Spain contains a VERY SMALL minority of Hispanics
compared to the rest of the planet, your argument is just another stupid
attempt to claim that the exception makes the rule.

Lets see
http://www.spanishseo.org/resources/...ing-population
Estimated hispanic population in the world (2008)
452,480,979
Estimated population of Europe
40,491,051

Another fine example of your stupidity, harry
You are a TRUE credit to the British educational system