Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Do thermal fuses fail from old age?

'Course the minuscule size of today's electronics and my aging
eyesight makes it a no-win game for me to try and do much

fixing of that kind of stuff those days.

I just bought an illuminated head-mount magnifier from Harbor Freight for
$5. It's surprisingly good. The optics have little distortion and no
chromatic aberration. There are four magnifications, but the lights "focus"
at only the lowest magnification.