Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default How best to cut a piece of melamine shelving so it doesn't chip?

On 3/23/2012 12:49 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/23/12 11:27 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
A fresh-to-the-blade zero clearance insert helps matters, as well.

I have a phenolic zero-clearance insert for my Unisaw (wouldn't have any
other kind) that I periodically "refresh" by covering the top side of
the blade opening with masking tape, then turning it upside down and
filling the opening with epoxy. It beats spending $25 (or more) a pop
for a fresh zero-clearance insert.

You are such an ass. I get so sick of feeling like an idiot because you
or Karl or Rob, etc. come in here and describe a simple, yet ingenious,
technique that would save me a lot of effort and should've been obvious
to my feeble mind.... yet you've waited so long to share such a gem. :-)

Well yeah, it should have been obvious so that's why I've never mentioned it.
;-) Hey, I've gotta hold back a little bit because my great ideas aren't
infinite, and every once in a while I've gotta pop in here and act like I know
what I'm talking about. :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.