Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default How best to cut a piece of melamine shelving so it doesn't chip?

On 3/23/12 11:27 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
A fresh-to-the-blade zero clearance insert helps matters, as well.

I have a phenolic zero-clearance insert for my Unisaw (wouldn't have any
other kind) that I periodically "refresh" by covering the top side of
the blade opening with masking tape, then turning it upside down and
filling the opening with epoxy. It beats spending $25 (or more) a pop
for a fresh zero-clearance insert.

You are such an ass. I get so sick of feeling like an idiot because you
or Karl or Rob, etc. come in here and describe a simple, yet ingenious,
technique that would save me a lot of effort and should've been obvious
to my feeble mind.... yet you've waited so long to share such a gem. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--