Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

On Mar 23, 12:37*am, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:03:40 -0400, "

wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:01:17 -0700, "Bob F" wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Yes. Twenty nine of our 50 states (plus DC) have "Stand Your Ground"
laws. These laws say you do not have to retreat before using lethal
force - assuming further that you have the right to use lethal force..
*The problem with Fl appears to be that it allows you roam around and
go actively looking for ground to stand on. Be interesting to see if
the DA or AG takes this dude to court to see if you can go looking for
trouble and pull a gun when you feel threatened because you found it
(or it found you.)

Especially when you created the trouble you found.

I haven't been following this story but according to the 911 stuff tonight,
this guy is going down.

If the feds get involved and both the state and DOJ *pursues
prosecution he could get time in both jurisdictions. *State for murder
/ manslaughter and a weapon charge during a felony ( Florida a gun
crime gets you mandatory time). Feds for civil rights violations.

Double jeopardy does not apply in separate charges under different
jurisdictions.

DOJ will assist in the prosecution for a strong state prison sentence.

In this case, I believe the shooter is a self-appointed citizens
guardian watch dog - a Vigilante.-

Isn't anyone that wanders around with a gun a vigilante?