Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 3/21/2012 5:13 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

No. Not judging by it's cover. Judging by the title.

Which was written by a disgruntled malcontent who's about to be
disbarred by the State of California.

For what?

Moral turpitude. Seriously.

Yeah, and when was that filed? 2012? When did he write the book? 1995?
What does one thing have to do with the other? Make a connection between
two things that happened 17 years apart and with no connection to each
other. There's no link there.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/11...vorce-lawsuit/
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/65990

And why bring it up except to smear the character of the
author.

His integrity is non-existent.

If you only look at a part of the guy's history you might think that. Of
course if you look at this part you get a different take on him.

Hilton has a law degree from Duke University and is a former
civil litigation attorney with more than three decades as an
active member of the California State Bar. He served as a counsel
to Sen. Bob Dole from 1979-80 and as an aide to state Sen. Dan O’Keefe
from 1980-81

It may seem as though he has become somewhat unhinged at this point in
his life it says nothing about whether his book about Dole has any merit
to it or not. As usual you have forgotten that all along I only pointed
out this book as one reason why I'm saying Dole made himself rich from
his senate job. There is lots of reasons to believe what I have said is
a fact. You have proven nothing I've said about Dole is wrong.

What was "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" about, Mr. Title-reader? How
about "Catch-22"?

You're so stupid you think "EVERY" book is explained by its title?

"I got enough from it to understand what it is about.
The title should tell you that."

Hawke-Ptooey - 20 Mar 2012

You ****ing clown.

You don't understand what senator for
sale means? If I wrote a book Judge for Sale, or Cop for Sale,
wouldn't
you know what they would be about?
No,like you I would suspect I knew, but until I read it, I (unlike
you) wouldn't KNOW what it said.

Then you are not very smart.

If he was drunk and had an arrow through his skull, he'd still be
smarter than you.

Everyone is smarter than you are. Especially me.

Lots are smarter than I, but not you. You're intensely, aggressively
stupid.

Come on. Any book with a title like
that is an accusation of someone that can be bought. So cut the
crap, we
know what it means. I've looked the book over. It's about Dole being
for
sale to the highest bidder. You don't believe me? All you have to
do is
get the book and read it.
I am not saying it is not. I am saying that YOU don't have the facts
to definitively make the statements that you have made. Neither does
George.

I said I have looked the book over personally.

You read the jacket. Big deal.

That's more than you, right?

It's inadequate for you to be running your mouth the way you have been.
You are unaware of a single concrete charge the disbarred crackpot made
against Dole.

Let's compare it to your knowledge. You know not one single word from
the book yet you're telling me how little I know. Get off it you idiot.
As little as I have read of that book it's far more than you have. You
know less than me. Got that? You know less. So stop pretending you
actually know anything. You don't. You're full of ****.

To me Senator for sale almost sounds redundant.

Why is that? Have you ever heard of a senator using his office to make
himself rich?

You mean like Cranston, DeConcini, Glenn and Riegle?

Now if I were you I'd say something like, you only heard things about
them. You don't know anything about them.

I know a fair amount about their involvement as four of the Keating Five.

No, you know nothing. If you can't cite exact proof of their being
corrupt then you can't say a word about them. That's the standard. You
have to have absolute proof to say anything. At least that is what you
think I have to do. You, it's okay to just "know" a fair amount about
them and that's good enough. You've really got a screw loose. If you are
going to demand perfection then you damn well better deliver it when you
make a statement.

We are not on equal footing. I've held the book in my hands and
looked
at it over and read what it was about. He hasn't. He also says it's
"****". That's not a claim? It is to me. Then he says it only says
Dole
made money but not when. Since the book was written in 1995 doesn't
that
tell you when?
Technically no. Just on the title and pub date, provides insufficient
information about when he made money, if he made money.

Since the book was written in 1995 that means it has to refer to a time
prior to then. Dole was in office from 1969 until 1996. So it
clearly is
talking about the time period from 1969 until 1995.

The hatchet-man/"author", Stanley Hilton, was fired by Dole in 1980,
after working for him for less than two years. How does Hilton know what
Dole was doing in 1995?

The same way any author know about the subject he's writing the book
about. They do research.

Hilton didn't do any research - he was too busy filing frivolous,
meritless lawsuits.

Baseless accusation, unsupported by anything but opinion. Normal for you.

In fact the title merely imply's he was for sale, NOT that he was
bought and paid for.

Right, and when you drive down the street and see a car parked there
with a sign on it that says "for sale" that doesn't mean that car is
for
sale.

It doesn't mean a sale has happened, you stupid ****.

A car out on the street with a for sale sign on it has been bought at
least once.

You're inferring from the fact it has a "for sale" sign on it that it as
been sold as a result of that sign. You're an idiot.

Coming from someone that is so mentally incompetent that he doesn't even
understand what it means when a car has a sign on it that says "for
sale" on it, that's saying something. You don't know what a book is
about that says Senator For Sale, and you don't know that a car with a
for sale sign on it is for sale, and you are calling other people
stupid? If you can't fathom those things you really are mentally impaired.

Hawke