Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steel "U" channel? Or is it "C" channel?

I'm not sure what the terminology is for a channel that is formed rather
than rolled or cast. I need a channel that is about 1-1/2" wide with 1" or
so leg length by 1/8" thick steel but doesn't have tapered legs and is bent
or formed from a flat strip. An Aluminum channel would work too but would
have to be a bit thicker. I'll be using pieces that are about 1-1/2" long.
Sure, I could make these in a punch press but I'd certainly rather not, I'm
fairly sure that the material exists but I just can't find it. Any ideas?