Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default cat deterrents (DIY)

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
**** is ****.

I am working on a new farmhouse this week.

There is cow and dog **** everywhere (the cows were not supposed to
be in the house but they escaped from the barn next door). TBH I
nearly took one of the cows on as an apprentice.

Don't stand behind a cow that has been grazing fresh grass:-)

I have seen what they can eject and at what speed:-)

Just consider hand milking and open topped buckets....

It's the first new build I have ever worked on where a cow wanders into the
house.

We have a *through* entrance lobby. The rear door opens into what was
the collecting yard for the dairy cows. None here since 1974. Runt
piglets and orphan lambs reared under the kitchen table. There is no
smell quite as memorable as a half grown lamb by your feet, ruminating
on cabbage leaves while you are having supper!

Cows do not bother me. I am scared of horses.

Don't let them stand on your feet.

regards

--
Tim Lamb