Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default *YOU* are responsible for high gas prices

" wrote in
:

On 20 Mar 2012 12:11:25 GMT, Han wrote:

Mark wrote in news:99a0851b-d791-44eb-a518-
:

There is no good alternative to oil for transportation that we have
yet...., it should not be wasted.

One good alternative is LNG/CNG. It's just missing infrastructure,
something that has existed in Europe at least since the 70's. Another
good (but expensive) alternative is hybrids such as the Prius, or
Explorer (taxis in NY City). If NY taxi drivers really had problems
with them they would have said so, and I have asked.

LNG is not a good solution at all. It doesn't liquefy at normal
temperatures and must be vented. Talk about GHGs! CNG isn't dense
enough to be useful (and the container too heavy). If it were just a
matter of delivery infrastructure you'd be seeing it now. It's not.
...and if it were, you'd be fighting that too.

I agree that there are definite drawbacks to CNG. However, whether it is
partly because of taxation policies or not, Europe is still as full of
autogas fueling stations as it was 50 years ago, so in some circumstances
it is economical. Caveat: Taxation policies do play an important role.

--
Best regards
Han