Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Do thermal fuses fail from old age?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 05:53:14 -0700, wrote:
I would suspect that part of the problem today is a lot of the thermal
fuses are being made in places like China with poor quality control.

I would suspect that part of the problem today is a lot of the thermal
fuses are being made in places like China, who will build to whatever
level of quality they're told to build to, and unfortunately there aren't
many of us who want to pay an extra ten cents for our product to ensure
that the fuses don't fail prematurely. ;-)

cheers

Jules