Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_2_] Pat Barber[_2_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

Both of those saws are considered some of the better ones.

The 1981 is probably a more preferred year but there is
virtually no difference in a Unisaw built in 1939 to 1995.

They changed the fences and the hand wheel appearance but
the guts remained the same. The motors got more powerful
as the years went by.

There is still "many" Unisaw's built in the 1940's that are in
current use.

The 50's - 60's were considered the "golden years" of Delta
power tools by many people.

On 3/21/2012 2:43 PM, Sonny wrote:

I have a model 34-807 (made in 1992) and a model 34-761 (made in
1981). I would like to think they were made during the time the
quality was at their maximum. I don't recall ever looking to see if
there's a Made in USA tag on them.