Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washers

On Mar 22, 8:21*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
don &/or Lucille wrote:
Wanting to get a pressure washer for cleaning off the driveway and
siding. Wonder if those electic ones will get it done or should a
throw in a couple more hundred and go gas? Was looking at a gas one
the other day no tank for detergent, is that typical?

An electric one, say 1500psi, is sufficient for your two jobs.

Cleaning the driveway, patio, tombstone, or other concrete surface, however,
is usually futile inasmuch as the object will turn black in a relatively
short time. I believe the surface nastiness comes from particulates in the
air (I live on a busy street).

I haven't tried some sort of sealer after cleaning... that may be a
solution.

I'd agree that for those jobs electric is OK too. That's what I use
for cleaning off my stamped concrete patio. For many jobs, there is
a limit to how much pressure you want anyway. Cleaning wood, for
example.

The main consideration I'd have for going to gas would be for
applications where power isn't available. You'll need a REAL
extension cord and check if it will work on a 15amp or needs 20.
Getting the right extension cord, think it was 10 or 12 gauge,
was key to keeping mine from overheating and tripping the
breaker.

For detergent mine just uses a tube that you insert into a pail
of solution. I think most are like that.