Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aluminum Angle

On Mar 21, 9:07*pm, wrote:

When I've needed sharp cornered aluminum angle in the past I've
ordered "architectural" angle. It looks like you may need to order 2x2
in order to get the 1/4 thickness. And the alloy is 6063T52. If I was
cutting the angle shorter I would probably use a 3" dia. *slotting saw
blade in the mill and spin it really fast. That would leave a good
finish, be accurate, and be fast.
Eric

Before deciding on the size, it would be worthwhile to consider the
alloy. I may not remember correctly, but I think 1100 would be
cheaper and also conduct heat much better. So it might be cheaper and
better to use angle with a rounded edge.

Dan