Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Brick wall keep falling down (in certain places) ... should Ireinforce? How?

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:25:56 PM UTC-4, Martin C. wrote:
I've got this problematic brick wall:
http://picturepush.com/public/7851103

I had it fixed befo
http://picturepush.com/public/7851105

But it keeps falling down in exactly the same spots!

Q1: What's the best way to re-mason it myself?
How can I reinforce it against whatever it is that is breaking it down?

PS: Earthquake country.

Second pic tells more. That single layer of brick isnt a wall. From the first pic I thought it was brick veneer over poured concrete. Maybe trench out behind the brick and pour a concrete retainer wall with proper footing.

Jimmie