Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin C. Martin C. is offline

Default My chimney sounds like a machine gun, burp gun, for a fewseconds

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:00:18 -0700, Oren wrote:

Which type of tile do you have?

It's re-tile. The really thin stuff. Looks like barrel tile but it's
actually flat and barreled at the same time. So you put the flats under
the previous barrel. Weird. But that's that.

The problem is this thin re-roofing tile breaks in half if you just look
straight at it long enough. Then add my 230-pound frame, and snap! Breaks
every time!

walking in the trough, not the peak of the tile.

I thought you walk on the keystone part (the peak)????