Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin C. Martin C. is offline

Default Brick wall keep falling down (in certain places) ... should Ireinforce? How?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:30:15 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

In the first photo, you have a wall less than a foot high. I can't
imagine it falling over even if the pricks were just stacked? Somebody
whack it?

Maybe.

Here's another picture of the low wall with nothing to each side:
http://picturepush.com/public/7853114

I had the kids cultivate the lawn and I think the cultivator machine may
have whacked the wall hard about two years ago and my teenager repaired
it. Now it's falling down in exactly the same spot.

The previous guy said that the mortar didn't stick ... and that's what it
looks like (I think). That coupled with the whack from the cultivator
maybe?

Hard to tell from the photo but it look as if you've got a foot or more
of soil on the inside (photo #2). ... Are there weep holes?

None that I know of.
Here's another picture of the wall with soil behind it:
http://picturepush.com/public/7853183

Is there steel through the bricks into the footer?

None that I know of. That's kind of what I was asking.
Q: What's the best way to reinforce this?