John Keeney

Default The Last Hardware Store In America

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I believe I am going to miss Mr. Moser's hardware store also. We =
have one in the Louisville area that I think is the largest nonBORG left

=
called H&S Harry was the dad Sam was the son.

Where's H&S at?
Across the river, here in Jeffersonville, we have Hoosier Hardware.
Not much at all in the way of lumber but the History Channel did
do one of their shows on tools in the store.

I grew up in Louisville in the '40s and '50s. Somewhere
downtown around 1st and the river was this enormous building
called Belknap hardware - a whole city block and multiple
stories, all crammed full.

Belknap is long gone. The company tried to go on a growth spurt
and killed itself. I *think* that was the building they imploded as
a big media event as part of the publicity for that Stallon movie,
The Demolition Man.