Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

hugh wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doctor Drivel drivelled
Rod Speed wrote
Doctor Drivel drivelled
Alistair Gunn wrote
Doctor Drivel drivelled
hugh ] wrote

Cracked it!! Buy the biggest ****ing Winnebago ever. Just cruise around man. No tax to pay ever.

But you pay parking costs, etc, etc.

But parking prices are already the maximumm that the market will
bear and (apparently) many prominent economics professors swear
blind that it's completely impossible for the owner of the land
to pass it onto the users of the land ...

In a motorhome you can get away with no LVT, but you have other costs.

Nothing like the cost of an LVT

But a motorhopme is not big with two floors and two bathrooms.

Some of them are. I've seen more than one like that.

Another one you could drive your small car into, basically includes the garage as well.

Anybody want to buy a £300k house with LVT of about £50k per annum?

The LVT would in fact have to be rather higher than that to collect all
the tax thats currently collected, allowing for the hordes that would just
abandon all the land they currently own so they dont have to pay the LVT

The best approach would be to organise a swap with the
neighbours so that legally you are squatting in what they
used to own and they are squatting in what they used to own.

What you save on the LVT would pay for a lot of food for the Rottweillers.

I'm off to place my order before Drivel becomes P.M.

He wont be coming, the death squad has its orders.

Damned yugoslavs, gone to the dogs since Tito carked it.