Posted to uk.d-i-y
hugh hugh is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel twisted the electrons to say:
"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message

Though if the drivel was actually right then LVT would be a great
way for
the well paid to avoid paying any tax. It would be somewhat high risk,
but only have minimal wealth and otherwise spend every penny you earn.
Stay in top hotels all the time (don't worry, the Hilton already
charges
the maximum they can so even if they've got a much higher tax bill and
you have vastly more money it won't change the price!), rent
flashy cars
(Avis already charges the maximum they can, so no increases there
even if
Avis' tax bill has increased), fly business class all the time (airport
landing fees are already the maximum ... etc etc) and so on ...

I am 100% right. Sounds OK if you put it that way, money then circulates
and all benefit. Currently we have non-productive and harmful money
hoarders and speculators who deliberately manipulate raise prices.

And LVT would do nothing to stop any of that ...

Oh my God. Another one hard of thinking. Don't you what speculators and
what they do?

Wayne Rooney could pay zero tax if he
lived in a cardboard box in a doorway.

Or he could just stay in high priced hotels all the time as their
pricing is set at the highest that the market will bear and increased
taxation due to LVT wouldn't (according to you) result in an increase in
their fees ...

He could indeed. Good thinking. But he will pay the hotel fees all
his life - a form of rent. He does not security of tenure either. They
can throw homout at any time. When the house is paid off he only pays
LVT for the land.

Or eh could simply **** off and live somewhere without LVT - IOM,
Ireland and fly into Manchester for training and match days.
--
hugh