Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default *YOU* are responsible for high gas prices

Kurt Ullman wrote in
m:

In article ,
Han wrote:

They don't work all the time, but they do work. And natural gas-fired
old-fashioned power plants will be needed for peak loads, because you
just can't stop industry to back up that.

The other studiously ignored problem, even greater than peak loads, is
that many of our base load plants are reaching the end of their lives.
This is an area where solar and wind are particularly useless.

I like your "studiously ignored problem". In fact, it's just that problem
that should be solved with new technology rather than old technology coal
and oil generating plants. I'm not /totally/ excluding the fuels, but
there needs to be cleaner and more efficient burning taking place if those
old fuels are used. I believe that for baseload, nuclear should be good
enough, if properly constructed (a real big if).

--
Best regards
Han