Puff Griffis

Default The Last Hardware Store In America

Yeah long gone but not forgotten. Interesting story Belknap donated a =
complete hand tool outfit to every person that graduated Jefferson State =
Vocational's carpentry class and I believe but not sure for the masonry =
class also. I would venture to guess it would be worth $600+ in 82
Puff

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message =
In article ,=20
says...
I believe I am going to miss Mr. Moser's hardware store also. We =

=3D
have one in the Louisville area that I think is the largest nonBORG =

left =3D
called H&S Harry was the dad Sam was the son.
=20

I grew up in Louisville in the '40s and '50s. Somewhere=20
downtown around 1st and the river was this enormous building=20
called Belknap hardware - a whole city block and multiple=20
stories, all crammed full.
=20
Sigh.....=20
=20