Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Aluminum Angle

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:21:57 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

So, for my day job I'm working on a circuit board design to replace
something which features a heatsink made from aluminum angle. It's 1" x
1" x 1/4", with nice square corners everywhere (radius 0.02").

Up to now I've been blithely assuming that this is an off-the-shelf item
that I can get anywhere -- but it looks like it may be harder to get than
that. Worse, I'd really like to extend the heat sink another 1/2" or
even 1" under the board, while keeping the outside leg at 1".

One of my suppliers:
http://www.yarde.com/products.html
https://www.yarde.com/catalog/class1struc.html
https://www.yarde.com/catalog/cat48.html

Yarde usually stocks the stuff shown in those pages. There's a
downloadable pdf catalog somewhere on the site that shows more
products, but not everything in it is stocked.

--
Ned Simmons