Doug Winterburn

Default The Last Hardware Store In America

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:22:58 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

[snip of great story]

I'll miss Moser's Hardware Store.

I just wish that my children had been old enough to appreciate it
before it went away.

Not all the good local stores vanish. McLendon's Hardware in Renton, WA
is a place that I frequented for years. They've not only managed to
survive the assualt of the Borg, but have expanded to 3 or 4 stores (not
sure how many as I left the area 11 years ago).

I still drop in to the Renton store when in town on vacation. And the
kids did spend time in that store.

-Doug

--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw