Greg O

Default Grizzly 6" Jointer Experience

"martin" wrote in message
Hey if you like paying $120 for a different color paint thats your
option.....

More than the paint color!
More accessable "front" hand wheels instead of "under" hand wheels, or
levers. I wanted wheels.
Questionable quality from Grizzly, some people love them, some hate them.
Look at where this thread started!! (zero complaints on the Jet jointer from
what I could find)
No adjustments needed out of the box, knives were set dead on, checked with
a dial indicator, outfeed was set a tad low was all.
Probably took me 1/2 hour to assemble, check over and start making chips.
All the hardware was in the box! Easy to understand directions.
No worries about freight, many complaints from people of Grizzly tools
coming in crashed.
The biggest reason,
Local sevicing dealer, I like to look the person I buy from in the eye, if I
have a question or problem.
All this was worth the $120 extra to me.
I am not saying the Grizzly is not a good machine, I just felt that the Jet
was better.
Then considering I may have this jointer for 20 years, or more, the extra
$120 works out to less than 6 bucks a year, or less!
Greg