Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage Door Opener

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:37:51 -0700 (PDT), Dottie
wrote:

My Genie is 10 years old. The original price installed was $280. For
the past three years I have had to have someone come out and "fix" it
- about $100 each trip. It's started acting up again - when I open
it, the door goes up and the motor keeps running. I have to hit the
button again to make it stop. I am seriously thinking ab out getting
a new one. The one I have now is a "screw" type -- I don't see that
listed online. My neighbors both have chain drives and they have not
had any problems with them -- both have Craftsman. The man who works
on mine does not install them anymore but gave me the name and number
of a company that he says does good work and has good prices....I
haven't called yet. He recommended Chamberlain's Lift Masters - said
it had a good Consumer Report review. Before I go shopping -- is
there anything I should be careful about? My late husband always did
the shopping for this before and I am not very knowledgeable about
it. Thanks.

I'm biased about brands of openers. I've had many over the years.

Check your local Lowes / Home Depot to see if they carry Martin Garage
Doors. ( should be national now)

When you buy a door / opener, the store sends a fax to Martin
warehouse. All their installers are certified by the company ... not
some handy dandy guy from the street.

These are the best doors and openers that I've seen, ever.

American made.... Read more here and look are the openers.

http://www.martindoor.com/Garage-Doors-Openers/Garage-Door-Openers.aspx

(play the sound comparison)