patriarch

Default The Last Hardware Store In America

Tom Watson wrote in
:

Great story, Tom. Thank you for the tribute to your friends.

In the Oakland, California, area, a fine family runs several hardware
establishments such as Moser's. Has for several generations. They are
truly a treasure, both the stores and the people. It's not always easy.
Parts of our area are far from gentrified.

But you are always greeted, served and educated when you arrive. And I am
pleasantly surprised at the treasures Peter digs out of the racks, whenever
I go in with a problem.

I don't know about one of those 1900-vintage Disstons, though. Maybe I'll
ask, next time I'm in.

Patriarch