Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much are you really paying for electricity?

On Mar 19, 10:45*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 08:52:21 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Mar 18, 1:27*am, wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:35:07 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "

wrote:

Write those thoughts to your local newspaper editor and see if you get
results. *Logical, plain, simple statements of facts get you space on
the Editorial page in my area.(suburban Chicago). *Utilities are
sensitive to public opinion, in my experioence, and if they are made
to look bad in print, they are more likely to respond.

I like that idea. *Thanks.

I'm still waiting for the name of the actual electric company that
charges
$25 a month for a meter rental. *Until then, call me skeptical.

You'll be waiting a very long time!!!!
For all I know, you are one of these online identity thefts.

Like I really care if you're skeptical.
I'm saying what I pay, and care less whether you believe it or not.

Why not start checking the websites of electric coops and see what they
all charge and do. *Be sure to report back!- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, like giving out the name of a utility leads to identity
theft. It could however lead to someone checking and finding out
that they don't really charge $25 a month for meter rental as
you claim.

BTW, my utility is JCPL here in NJ.