Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Argos, mutter, grumble...

On 18/03/2012 16:19 Ian Jackson wrote:

I helped my son put up his large-ish bathroom mirror. The kit had a
thoughtfully-included template for marking the positions of the fixing
holes. Unfortunately, the dimensions were about 3/8" wrong - not quite
close enough to use the holes we'd so carefully drilled in the wall, and
not quite far enough away to drill a new ones.

A few years back I fitted a Bathrooms.com washbasin. It wasn't until I
came to hang the brackets I'd fixed using the supplied template that I
found that said template had been drawn with the holes for them out of
position by 180º.

The guy at the shop couldn't understand what the problem was...