Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default 160 pound spring for a 1/2 inch gap?

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Cydrome Leader presence MUNGEpanix.com fired

Bellville washers are great for compression but offer no
stability otherwise.

What does that mean?

I think he is talking about how the suspended wheel functions,
like how it is held upright. I need to carefully consider that, if
I do it.

Thanks to the pinpoint replies.

--

They work like any other spring, though constrained differently.

I use them all the time as mold cushions on pressing equipment.

LLoyd