Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 160 pound spring for a 1/2 inch gap?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:57:07 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
John Doe fired this volley in
news:4f67b801$0$860 :

I want to put a spring under the heel of my inline skate. But
there is only a 1/2 inch clearance, and it needs to be a
heavy-duty spring. Should I consider using a spring steel flat bar
or similar, instead?

Belville washers. You can stack them to any height you wish, and get
them in anything from mere foil to structural thicknesses.

LLoyd

You guys seem to have an interesting conversation going on, but why are you
cross posting it to all of the irrelevant groups?

Sorry, Mike. I'm running Agent 4.2 and I'm not sure how to strip out
other newsgroups in a reply. It appears, when I show all of the
fields, that my replies go only to rec.crafts.metalworking. But I
don't know.

Can anyone give me a hint?

--
Ed Huntress