Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slide In Range Or Separate Cooktop and Oven

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:02:31 +0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:

"Snowy" wrote:
Hi,

We could use advice from someone who has already made a choice between a
range and separate cooktop and oven. We were going to have a separate
cooktop and under the counter oven installed in an apartment being
finished. The cooktop will be on a peninsula so I will be able to face
guests while cooking. Having the oven separate so my knees aren't being
baked nor blocking the oven seemed like a good idea. However, the cost
will be about two or three times that of a slide in range. The apartment
is in Ecuador and availability is less and costs are higher. Could we get some input?

Thanks,
Gary

You really have to search for decent buys on separates. I wanted a gas
stove, electric oven.

We have a "dual fuel" oven. Works great. We'll undoubtedly buy another for
the new house but we'll have to plumb in propane, again.