Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default *YOU* are responsible for high gas prices

Mark wrote:
But by the same token we need to find a way to get folks to stop
wasting it.. and the only way I see to do that is raise the price.

I also agree alternatives are not ready yet.

It's going to get really ugly if the tank runs dry and have no
altenatives ready to go.

I'd say the world supply tank is at 1/2 now and that includes all the
new places you want to drill.

Lets just keep going with the A/C cranked at full and cruising at 85?

So, then, the difference between your position and that of a die-hard
Luddite is not great.

Put on a sweater. Drive 55. Better yet, get back to nature. Live as God
intended, at one with the beasts of the field and the lilies of the valley.
Have a life that is brutal and short, but filled with contentment.

Explain why you say "we ("we" who?) need to find a way to get folks to stop
wasting [energy]..."

Look, the Romans denuded the forests of Europe and North Africa for wood to
make charcoal. When Europeans ran out of wood, they used coal. When coal
became too expensive to mine and transport, oil came to the fore. The known
world was ruled by charcoal, industrial revolution was run by coal, space
was conquered during the reign of oil.

We have 200 years worth of (known) oil in the U.S., 400 years worth of coal,
and way beyond both of those in natural gas. It is way premature to get all
exercised about "running out."