Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Slide In Range Or Separate Cooktop and Oven

Snowy wrote:
Hi,

We could use advice from someone who has already made a choice
between a range and separate cooktop and oven. We were going to have
a separate cooktop and under the counter oven installed in an
apartment being finished. The cooktop will be on a peninsula so I
will be able to face guests while cooking. Having the oven separate
so my knees aren't being baked nor blocking the oven seemed like a
good idea. However, the cost will be about two or three times that
of a slide in range. The apartment is in Ecuador and availability is
less and costs are higher. Could we get some input?

Ovens are well insulated. Your knees won't get warm while the oven is on and
you're stirring a pot.