Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gardner Gardner is offline

Default OT - "burned" engine head

On 19-Mar-2012 17:38, JB wrote:
"jim""sjedgingN0Sp"@m@mwt,net wrote in message
.. .

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

There were 2 heads at the dump, each for 2 cylinders - from a a v4

When the cambelt snaps or loses a tooth, this is exactly what it looks like.

A V4 would make me think of a motorcycle engine. It could have been
going 12,000 RPM when this happened. Another possibility, besides
a broken timing belt, might be a floating valve getting whacked.
But two cylinders in the same motor makes me think it had to be the
timing belt. Makes me kinda queasy thinking about it.

Gardner Buchanan gbuchana(a)teksavvy(dot)com
FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.