Preston Andreas

Default Source for jointer knives

Vic,

Wisconsin Knife Works carries a high quality knife stock.
http://www.wkwinc.com/stkresultlist.asp?subtypeid=4

When I bought my jointer and planer, I bought a second set of knives from
WKW. They are used throughout the woodworking industry as are knives from -

Charles G.G. Schmidt & Co. http://www.cggschmidt.com/index.html

Preston

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
. com...
Just thinking ahead - I have the Harbor Freight 6" jointer. When the time
comes, does anyone know if the knives are interchangeable with any high
quality knives? I'm making an assumption ( possibly wrong) that the

quality
of edged tools from HF is a bit on the low side and that I'll be needing

sharpen/replace them down the road. Just wondered if I can get higher
quality steel.

Thanx,

Vic Baron

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't