Posted to alt.home.repair

Default *YOU* are responsible for high gas prices

On Mar 19, 11:38*am, Han wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote m:

I'd much rather see Newt elected. He's the "Contract with
America" guy. I think he's much more conservative than the
Massacussets liberal who pushed national health care in the
liberal state of Mass.

From your point of view (if I understand it), you're probably right. *We'll
find out soon (by June) what the SCOTUS thinks. *As far as the "Contract
with America" is concerned, politics when done right, should allow
compromise. *Since that abomination of a contract is mostly used as a
straightjacket or as blackmail to stick to a far right of center point of
view, you're **** out of luck to get governance. *Wouldn't it be better to
compromise and get the budget deficit under control?

How well has "compromise" worked? That "compromise" where
the Republicans agree to some of the Democrats wasteful spending
in exchange for some of their own, is precisely what's gotten us
to where we were when Bush left office. Since then, spending has
exploded far worse, by 40%.