Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Ice-maker?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:59:27 -0400, George wrote:

On 3/19/2012 12:32 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 20:31:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 18, 10:21 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, Davejgalt... wrote:

I just obtained a GE refrigerator with an ice-maker which I'm probably
not going to use. Do I need to disable it in some manner? Thanks!

Lift the wire bail up until it locks. That turns off the unit.

Ok thanks, what will it do if this gets knocked down accidentally? No
water supply is connected.

You can unplug it.

If you are sure you will never want it, pull it out and sell it on
Ebay.

Personally I like having ice available without screwing with ice cube
trays.

Same here. We would never own a fridge without an icemaker.

....on the front.