chris French

Default Loft insulation

In message , David Hearn
writes

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"David Hearn" wrote in message
Quick question about loft insulation.

I currently have 4" of 'loose' fibre glass insulation in a 1930's semi.

may add some extra joists at 90 degrees to add another 4" of insulation.

Why are you going to lay another layer of joists ?

I guess I assumed everyone would remember my other posts!

a poor assumption, not only do I not remember you other posts, I didn't
even read them - I maybe read 10% of the thread in uk-d-i-y at the
moment.

I'm planning on
boarding out the loft, and therefore need the extra joists to add height for
additional insulation whilst hopefully providing a little extra strength.

I just boarded over the central part of my loft with 4 inches of
insulation below, and then put thicker insulation over the -parts.
--
Chris French, Leeds