Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default 80 year old House- question about large bow window- large window sill-4 feet wide on inside..

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi,
Ive got an old house... with a large bow window.. On the inside I have a
long window sill that hugs the bow window- it is long and wide- approx 4
feet wide... I am painting the sill and window but noticed some holes on ths
sill maybe 5 holes.. Was these a reson for these holes? some type of
ventilation? They are the size of a screw? I was just wondering if this was
standard practice for older homes- that is to drill hole in the sill??
Thanks
KOS

Not enough information.
Need to know construction and materials stuff is made from and where the
holes are.
Ideally, a picture