Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Heater INSIDE thermostat?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:56:24 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:22:28 -0000, The Other Mike wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 21:01:10 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:09:06 -0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The Other Mike was thinking very hard :
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:17:31 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

I have a degree in Digital Microelectronics.

That explains a lot about the state of the UK today.

All that training and you appear to know nothing about control theory.
No idea about PID, no idea about the bi-metallic strip, no idea about
resistive heating, no idea about basic thermodynamics.

I do find it so very amusing when people have to resort to telling you
their qualifications, just to prove they might know what they are
talking about :')

Well there are a lot of childish people in here who seem to need proof.....

Only so they can make absolutely sure that anyone claiming to be
qualified like you never gets employed by their organisation.

It is best to look at what exactly makes up the qualification.

That you presumably made it past A level physics in order to get to
university to study in the first place and don't appear to have the
foggiest idea on how to work out the resistance, voltage drop and
power dissipated in a piece of copper is truly staggering. Hell we
all have our moments, but that is up there with the hacksaw, the tow
rope out of the neighbours 'drive' and the handbrake left off incident
amongst others.

I asked a member of the family who did A level physics a few decades
ago how she would approach such a problem. She's no engineer, or
physicist, or even much of a DIYer. Her limit of electrical
experience is changing fuses in plugs and stringing Christmas lights
on the tree.

She had the basics of deriving an answer in a few seconds.

So, assuming you haven't had a head injury or a period of oxygen
starvation, then some might suggest you should change your name to
Osmium.