Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF Universal Impact Joint Sets, any experience?

In article , says...

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:05:36 -0800
"Gary A. Gorgen" wrote:

snip
I have never seen a 1/4 inch impact wrench.
Would be a cute tool to have though.

HF carries several 1/4 Air Ratchets, no experience with them though...

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...nch-91002.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...nch-93821.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/14-prof...nch-68428.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...nch-34900.html

A ratchet's not an impact wrench. It's intended for spinning nuts down
quickly, not for removing tight ones.

And they have an inline Air Screwdriver, but it uses a 1/4 hex drive.
Adapters to 1/4 square aren't hard to find. I've looked at it, but
didn't want to pay full price for it. The one time I had a nice
discount coupon for it ($9.99) they didn't have any in stock. I even
asked about it, employee didn't believe they had any such thing until
I showed him the coupon. He managed to find the shelf tag, where they
were suppose to be...

http://www.harborfreight.com/reversi...ver-90059.html

They had a pistol handle (drill shape) air screwdriver too, but I
didn't come across it just now while researching this post.

I'll thank everyone for there help/opinions here. I'll probably get the
67920 version, if they actually have any in stock. I was leaning that
way anyway, just didn't have any experience with that design. Thought
it looked better though, for the application. I don't have any
particular need for it right now, just want it on hand for the day
I do

I don't use them heavily but so far they've worked for me.