Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Chain Saw Chain - Number of Teeth?

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I agree with the theory behind your post, but timing is everything.

I've got to get some stuff cut today (Sunday) and no saw shops were
open at 8:30 on Saturday night.

Besides, the $15.97 I spent on the chain (which I am going to ruin
today) isn't something I think a saw shop will beat price wise. I'm
sure I'd get a better quality chain, but I doubt it'll be under $16.

The job at hand is to cut a couple of small stumps (10") down to
ground level or below. I know that the chain is going to be in the
dirt (I did one yesterday) so I don't mind ruining a $16 chain. Once
this job is complete and I have more time, I'll stop by a saw shop and
do the right thing.

Alright then, I'm going to let you off with a warning this time, but next
time I see you around these parts I'm going to at least want to see some
round files on your pocket.

Jon