Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pockets in Al plate update

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2012-03-17, Tom Gardner wrote:

[ ... ]

It would be nice to have a CNC mill but I do so very few jobs that
a CNC
would shine that I just can't justify it. Besides, doesn't a CNC
setup make
it difficult to use the mill in manual mode?

I've used a Bridgeport ProtoTRAK mostly in manual mode with the jog
dial. It's a little less convenient in some ways than turning the
handwheels, but I didn't have to reach as far. It was good enough for
one-off prototype jobs that often included milling a casting to a
scribed line or drilling at transfer punch marks.

jsw