Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_4_] Doctor Drivel[_4_] is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message
Rod Speed twisted the electrons to say:
Nothing fair about that, particular for those who have organised
their affiars so that what they get cash wise in retirement does
cover their outgoings and taxes but wont cover your stupid tax.

Though if the drivel was actually right then LVT would be a great way for
the well paid to avoid paying any tax. It would be somewhat high risk,
but only have minimal wealth and otherwise spend every penny you earn.
Stay in top hotels all the time (don't worry, the Hilton already charges
the maximum they can so even if they've got a much higher tax bill and
you have vastly more money it won't change the price!), rent flashy cars
(Avis already charges the maximum they can, so no increases there even if
Avis' tax bill has increased), fly business class all the time (airport
landing fees are already the maximum ... etc etc) and so on ...

I am 100% right. Sounds OK if you put it that way, money then circulates
and all benefit. Currently we have non-productive and harmful money
hoarders and speculators who deliberately manipulate raise prices.

Wayne Rooney could pay zero tax if he lived in a cardboard box in a doorway.
I doubt he would and take advantage of more money in his pocket because of
no income tax, VAT, etc, and buy a nice big house and be better off all
around financially.

Of course, some people might think
that failed when it came to being
"fair"

That is very fair. The wealthy then pay their fair share instead of clawing
back their taxes via tax free gains in the land market - the land under
their homes. In short they are appropriating common wealth for private
gain. The enclosures is still going on.